Charise Jensen, with Salt Lake County Aging & Adult Services, tells us about their Caregiver Support Program. Caregivers are faced with a host of new responsibilities many of which are unfamiliar and intimidating and can ultimately create caregiver burnout.
Salt Lake Aging Services helps with the following:
- Homemaking, Home Health Aide, Adult Day Care, Short term stay in nursing home
- Supplies or Equipment
- Provides caregivers with services and information available within the community
- Monthly newsletter, caregiver website, caregiver academy and other training
- Monthly meetings with caregivers to discuss an assigned topic for that month pertaining to care giving as well as a forum to meet with other peers in similar circumstances
- Consult with caregiver or families to help plan the care giving process and what to expect
- A Pinterest page with a wealth of resources and knowledge: Find it here.
In addition, the Caregiver Support Program is a short term program that provides assistance and support to these caregivers.
For more information, go here.