No injuries reported after early morning house fire in Magna

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MAGNA, Utah — A Magna man and his pets were uninjured after they were rescued from his burning home, early Sunday morning.

Just after 3 a.m., a Unified police officer on patrol came upon a home, 2880 South 9100 West, that was on fire, said Jay Ziolkowski, battalion chief for Unified fire. The officer rescued the resident and called the fire department.

The flames were knocked down within 20 minutes.

No injuries were reported.

It is unknown the cause of fire, but officials say, the blaze may have started a gas leak. Questar Gas was on scene to assess the leak as well as Utah Disaster Cleanup.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.