Greek Pita Nachos
- 6-8 whole grain pitas, cut into 8 triangles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup green or black olives, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- No Salt Seasoning, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread the pita triangles on a large baking sheet. Drizzle or brush with olive oil; sprinkle with no salt seasoning. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy, turning halfway through.
In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, mint and no salt seasoning. When the pitas are done baking, while still hot, drizzle the yogurt mixture over them. Sprinkle the cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, red onions and feta cheese, if using, over the top.
Tear the basil leaves over the “nachos” for garnish. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute