Chicken Salad with a Blueberry Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 4 green onions or chives, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, spring mix, half of the blueberries, celery, carrots, onions or chives, walnuts and black pepper, to taste.
In a blender or food processor, add the remaining blueberries, vinegar, mustard, sugar or honey, oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth consistency. Use desired amount of dressing on salad. Serve immediately. Remaining dressing can be kept on a sealable container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market