Christina Lakey, the blogger behind Food Apparel, is sharing her all time favorite brownie recipe. It's rich, decadent and perfect for the chocolate lover in your life! For more great recipes, go here.
ONE POT DOUBLE-DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
- 4 ounces fine-quality dark (70%) chocolate, chopped (I like Amano Guayas or Ocumare)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I like Guittard extra-dark)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8x8 square baking pan. (You may also simply line with parchment paper.)
- In a medium saucepan, combine fine-quality dark chocolate and butter. Melt over medium heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 3 minutes, then add sugar and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Mixture should be smooth and glossy.
- Stir in salt and flour until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with crumbs (not goo).
- Cool brownies before cutting into squares.