Chef Tony from Smith's taught us how to make a dish for "Meatless Monday." Smith's also provided a beautiful basket of Simple Truth products with a $100 value that one of our lucky viewers will win. Check out our Facebook page to find out how! To find the Smith's store near you, visit smithsfoodanddrug.com
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 cloves garlic, mince
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon wedge (juice of)
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pulse parsley and Cilantro in processor to chop.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Separate sauce into equal parts.
- (Use half for basting or marinade).
- (Use other half for table service).
Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 6 spring rolls
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 coarsely shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup bite-size strips zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup bite-size strips peeled jicama
- 2 green onions, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 6 sheets rice paper (8 inch )
- 6 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine some of the chimichurri sauce with the vegetables and let stand for 25-30 minutes . Vegetables should soften and absorb flavor from the sauce. Stir occasionally. Cover and chill the remaining sauce until ready to use. To assemble, pour warm water into a pie plate. Carefully dip a rice paper into the water then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Let stand a few seconds the place a parsley sprig int he center of the paper. Spoon about 1/3 cup vegetable mixture just below the center. Tightly roll up the rice paper from bottom, tucking in one side as you roll. Repeat until you have made the six spring rolls. Serve with the remaining sauce.