Salmon with Orange Avocado Salsa (04.20.16)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
To prepare salsa, combine avocado, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, basil, orange and lime juice, ginger, no salt seasoning and pepper in a medium bowl.
Sprinkle fish with no salt seasoning and pepper. Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve each fillet immediately with salsa.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute