Have you ever wanted the perfect recipe for candied carrots? Well Chef Leslie Sommerdorf and Bob Harmon from Harmons have your answer.
From Chef Lesli Sommerdorf for Harmons
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into slices on the bias
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh snipped chives, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Season liberally with salt. Add the carrots and cook until almost crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and melt. Using a slotted spoon or spider, transfer the carrots from the water to the frying pan. Sprinkle sugar over carrots and toss to combine. Let cook until the sugar is dissolved and the carrots begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.