SALT LAKE CITY -- This week is National Poison Prevention Week, and Sherrie Pace of the Utah Poison Control Center came to the FOX 13 Studio to discuss some of the most common products associated with accidental poisonings and the steps you can take to protect children.
Pace said about 91 percent of accidental poisonings happen in the home, and she said hygiene and cleaning items are among the most common items they are called regarding. She pointed out that some medications and cleaning products look and smell like sweets, which can lead to children ingesting them. See the video above for her interview, and click here for more details on Poison Prevention Week.
Utah Poison Control's hotline for information and emergency advice can be reached at: 800-222-1222