Curried Chicken Pitas with Cucumber Sauce (3.23.16)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 whole grain pitas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Mix yogurt, cucumber, tahini, lemon juice, no salt seasoning and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Combine onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, no salt seasoning and pepper in a small bowl. Toss chicken in spice mixture. Add oil to a large skillet up to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and toss to combine. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning on each side, or until cooked all the way through.
To serve, divide the cucumber sauce and chicken among each pita on a pita. Top each with tomatoes and lettuce. Serve immediately.