Blogger Ruthie Knudsen brought the perfect recipe for a fun and easy Easter treat.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C krispie rice cereal
- 1 C sweetened coconut
- 5-6 drops green food coloring
- 1 bag M&M's® Pastel Peanut 56 oz.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour coconut in small mixing bowl, add green food coloring drops; mix well. Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half krispie rice cereal; mix well.
- Stir in remaining krispie rice cereal; mix well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and working with one at a time, take a softball size portion, lightly press center with a cookie scoop to hollow out and shape nest.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Fill center of nests with approximately 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Fill center of each nest with M&M's® Pastel Peanuts.
For more great recipes from Ruthie, go here.