Brooke met up with Salt Lake Community College Culinary student, Caleb Jones to learn how to make an easy homemade ice cream sandwich.
Ice Cream Base:
- Split fresh vanilla bean and scrape beans from core.
- Add beans into pan with 7 oz of whole fat cream and 10 oz of whole milk to boil.
- Whip 3 egg yolks separated from whites, ___ sugar, 1/2 oz of corn syrup in separate bowl.
- Mix boiled base in bowl with whipped substances.
- Add base into clean pot and cook at 175 degrees.
- Strain base to remove vanilla bean
- Chill on ice bath to