Asparagus, Mushroom and Spinach Pasta (03.02.16)
- 12 ounces whole grain pasta, any shape
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet or Dutch oven up to medium high heat, add oil. Sauté the mushrooms with no salt seasoning and pepper for 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add garlic, asparagus and red pepper flakes; saute another 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Stir in broth, cooked pasta, additional no salt seasoning and pepper to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat; stirring frequently. Add spinach to pan; stir to wilt through.
To serve, add cheese and drizzle additional olive oil.