Blogger Ruthie Knudsen shares her healthy recipe perfect for using up old, brown bananas!
Chocolate Chunk Banana Nut Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup granulated sugar or sugar replacer
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (approx 2)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, applesauce, and bananas; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until 80% combined.
- Hand stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes until edges are lightly golden, remove and allow to rest 1 minute on pan.
- Remove cookies to cooling rack.
For more great recipes from Ruthie, go here.