Two homes evacuated in SLC Avenues over gas leak
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Fire Department reported two homes in the Avenues neighborhood were evacuated Monday morning due to a natural gas leak.
The gas leak occurred around 9:30 a.m. at 687 E 4th Ave. The leak was reportedly caused by a construction crew that hit a gas main. Fire crews stood by as Questar Gas crews worked to repair the damage.
SLCFD reported via its Twitter account that a hazardous material team had the gas leak under control by 10:30 a.m. and Questar Gas is continuing to work on repairs.