Pork Slices with Mushroom Gravy (01.07.16)
- 1 lb. boneless pork, cooked, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat pork; cover to keep warm on a serving platter. In a large frying pan on Dutch oven up to medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, stir in flour, fully coating the mushrooms. Slowly add the broth, constantly stirring. Add yogurt or sour cream and mustard; mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened and heated through.
Serve gravy over sliced pork. Garnish with parsley.