Ogden home under renovation damaged in early morning blaze

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OGDEN, Utah — An Ogden home under renovation suffered several thousand dollars in damage after a fire broke out in the attic early Sunday morning.

Fire crews responded to the house, 452 16th Street at about 2:39 a.m. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered flames coming from the attic area.

“Crews quickly made entry and soon had to exit the structure due to heavy fire conditions,” according to a press release from Ogden City Fire Department.

After the blaze was extinguished from the outside, fire officials say, crews were able to fight the flames inside the structure.

The home was not occupied at the time and was under renovation. No one was displaced.

Officials say damage is estimated at $90,000. The fire marshal is investigating the blaze.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.