SALT LAKE CITY - Fire crews said the two-alarm fire at at Salt Lake building may have been started because of possible meth lab and they are taking extra precautions for that reason.
Officials said they know the building contained a meth lab years ago; however, they have not confirmed if it contains a meth lab now.
SLC fire crews said the building engulfed in flames at 1500 S. Main St. was vacant.
Fire crews have not entered the building yet and have taken a defensive stance on the fire because they are concerned it could be a meth lab.
Officials have evacuated buildings and homes in the area as a precaution.
Main St. is closed from 1300 S. to 1600 S. at this time.
Authorities were called to the blaze around noon Wednesday.
Signs on the building claim it housed a shop that sold candles, oils and incense at one time.
So far, no serious injuries have been reported.
Officials have not confirmed what started the blaze.
Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.