Tami Vincent with Kneaders shows us how to make the Blueberry Cream Pie, which requires no oven time! The pie is no longer sold at Kneaders, so now you can make it at home!
• Kneaders Bakery & Café offers a variety catering options for all of your Holiday gatherings including mini pastries and desserts, quarter-sandwiches and soups
• Kneaders pies are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dinner or holiday parties
•You can get more information here.
Blueberries and Cream Pie with Nutmeg
Yeilds 2 Pies
2 baked pie shells
Sour Cream Filling
1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 ¾ c whole milk
1 c sour cream
1teaspoons lemon juice
¼ t nutmeg
2 (20 oz.) cans blueberry pie filling
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 (12 oz) tub Whipped Topping
Fresh Blueberries for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together instant pudding mix, whole milk, sour cream, lemon juice, and nutmeg until smooth. Let sit to thicken for 5 min in the fridge.
2. Place half of the sour cream filling in the bottom of each pie shell, level the filling with a spatula.
3. Mix canned pie filling with the 1T of lemon juice.
4. Pour ½ the blueberry pie filling on top of the sour cream filling on each pie and smooth taking care not to get any filling on the edge of the pie shell.
5. Top pie with 6 oz whipped topping and decorate as desired.
*If you have a homemade vanilla pudding or pastry cream, these can be substituted for instant pudding. You may also substitute your favorite blueberry pie filling.