Therapist Jessie Shepherd shared her insight on the topic of avoiding sexy costumes for younger kids.
How do parents find age appropriate costumes?
• Be creative!
• Look in the `boys section`
• Using leggings/long sleeves
How to confront your children about their sexy costume ideas?
• No shaming or embarrassment
• Calm and Honest
• Give concrete answers
• Remind them how amazing they are
How do you talk to your children about the sexual nature of some costumes for women?
• Talk about it often
• Discuss how these women might be seen
• Do not need to show skin to be attractive