Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake (10.01.15)
- 1 (15.5 oz.) box Western Family yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (from 2 large lemons)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Heat oven to 325°F.
Grease a 10 or 12 cup fluted tube cake pan. In large bowl, beat first 6 ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place cake on serving plate. In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time, using whisk until thick glaze forms. Drizzle evenly over cake.