Kitchen grease to blame for West Bountiful house fire, woman has minor burns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WEST BOUNTIFUL, Utah – Officials said grease in the kitchen is to blame for a house fire in West Bountiful Wednesday morning.

Firefighters were called to a home near 725 W. and 1690 N. just before 10 a.m. and were able to contain the flames to the kitchen.

However, the rest of the house has smoke damage.

A couple was home at the time; the woman is being treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns.

Her husband was not hurt.

Authorities estimate the fire caused about $25,000 in damage.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.

725 W. and 1690 N. - West Bountiful

1 Comment

Comments are closed.