Chef and blogger Ruthie Knudsen shows us how to lighten up a fall favorite. For more of her recipes, go here.
Skinny Pumpkin Bars
- 3⅓ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 (15oz) can mashed pumpkin
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars; mix 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time; beating and scraping bowl with each addition.
- Add egg whites; mix 2 minutes.
- Add applesauce and pumpkin; mix until incorporates.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until 80% incorporated.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread into prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and Enjoy!