PROVO– It was love at first swipe. Turns out, Tinder users love the Cougars.
According to TinderU, Brigham Young University’s males were the second most “right-swiped” guys on the dating app. If you’re not familiar with the app, basically what that means is that users are interested in dating BYU guys. It doesn’t necessarily mean the BYU guys are interested in them. In order to match on Tinder, both users must say yes (or right swipe) to each other before they are a match.
The only school with more guys “right swiped”? Georgetown University.
Florida State University had the most popular females.
According to Tinder’s blog, here are the highlights from their study:
- Top 10 campuses for females and males who received the most right swipes are widely dispersed
- University of Mississippi made the top 10 most right-swiped male and female lists
- 9 out of 10 campuses with most popular females are public
- The majority of campuses with the most popular males are private schools, with the 5th most right-swiped being a military academy
- Top 4 most right-swiped males attend a religiously affiliated university
- Top 25 males: ACC Schools lead with 7; Ivy League came in second with 4 schools
- Top 25 females: SEC schools lead with 5; Big 12, ACC came in second with 4 schools
- Profiles with the most right swipes all contained bios
They based their information off right swipe ratios from students ages 18-23 earlier this year.