Curried Quinoa Salad (08.17.15)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small apple, any kind, cored, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook quinoa according to package directions.
Spread almonds on a baking sheet; toast in oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk together honey, shallot, curry powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until dressing is emulsified. Add quinoa, celery, pepper, apple, parsley and nuts; toss well.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market