Firefighters responding to apartment fire rescue two from inside residence

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TALYORSVILLE, Utah -- There were two people unaccounted for when Unified Fire Authority personnel arrived at an apartment fire Sunday night, and firefighters quickly entered the apartment, located both people and got them to safety.

According to UFA, the fire broke out around 7:15 p.m. in an upstairs apartment in the area of 1185 West Clubhouse Drive (4000 South) in the Taylorsville area.

Witnesses said a woman who lives in the apartment was in the parking lot when she noticed the fire and began screaming that her baby was trapped inside. The woman's husband and child were inside when firefighters arrived, and fire crews rescued both from the building. Initial reports from fire officials indicated it was two children who were inside, but firefighters later corrected that detail.

Four individuals at the scene were being treated for minor smoke inhalation, including the husband and child rescued from inside.  All were treated at the scene and released without needing to go to hospitals.

Firefighters said although it appears the fire started on a kitchen stove, they are treating the blaze as suspicious because some information regarding the incident doesn't seem to add up.

FOX 13 News' Ashton Goodell was at the scene Sunday, see the video above for her live report.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.