Satay Style Beef and Pasta
- 1-1/4 pound beef Top Round or Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons bottled teriyaki sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces uncooked vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
Cut steak into 1/8-inch thick strips. Add 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce to beef strips; toss to coat evenly.
Combine remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, water, red pepper and ginger. Cook vermicelli in salted boiling water according to package directions; drain and rinse. Toss vermicelli with peanut butter mixture to coat well.
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Add to noodles; toss lightly. Sprinkle with chopped cucumber. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council