Chicken, Pepper and Pineapple Kabobs (07.01.15)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1-1/2 inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or grill to medium-high heat. Thread chicken alternately with pineapple and peppers onto 8 long wooden skewers, using 2 skewers placed side-by-side for each kabob. Sprinkle with no salt seasoning and pepper. Mix teriyaki sauce and juice concentrate; brush half evenly onto kabobs.
Bake for 10-12 minutes on a greased baking sheet or on a greased grill 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute