Fresh Gazpacho with Melon (06.25.15)
- 2 lbs. large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honeydew mellow, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- crusty bread or croutons, for serving
Working in batches, place the tomatoes, garlic, onion, bell peppers, and cucumbers in a food processor and pulse until almost pureed. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into individual bowls. Evenly divide the corn, cilantro and melon.
Drizzle with the olive oil and serve with the crusty bread or croutons.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market