Cigarette to blame for Layton house fire, no one injured

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Credit: Layton City PIO Twitter

LAYTON, Utah – Officials said a cigarette is to blame for a house fire in Layton Tuesday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the blaze at 1600 Merlin Way near N. Main St. and W. Antelope about 12:30 p.m.

Authorities said the homeowner was sleeping at the time and may not have put out cigarettes that were thrown out.

Layton fire crews said the one person in the home was able to quickly get out thanks to neighbors.

The Red Cross is helping the homeowner whose home it a total loss.

The person in the home was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

1 Comment


    The cost of a pack of cigarettes in Utah: About $6.90.
    The cost of burning down your house with your burning cigarette: Priceless.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.