Salmon Cakes with Cucumber Dill Sauce (06.03.15)
- 2 cups salmon, cooked, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
Mix salmon, whole-wheat breadcrumbs, egg whites, capers, no salt seasoning and pepper.
Combine yogurt, dill, and lemon juice; set aside. Form into 8-10 patties.
In a large frying pan, bring the oil up to medium heat. Cook the patties on each side for 3-4 minutes. If desired for more crispiness, place cooked salmon cakes on a baking sheet. Broil the top of the cakes for 10–20 seconds. Serve with cucumbers dill sauce.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute