Organizers say more than 500 animals were saved at NKUT adoption weekend

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Big Budah spent Saturday morning at the Utah State Fairpark for the No Kill Utah adoption weekend, and event organizers said they saved more than 500 animal lives at the event.

Budah spoke with Temma Martin , spokeswoman for Best Friends Animal Society, about the animals. About 800 dogs and cats were up for adoption. Martin said later Saturday that they had saved more than 500 animals, about 75 percent of which were dogs and the other 25 percent cats.

Martin said most of those animals were adopted but some were taken in by various rescue organizations to be placed at their facilities or in foster homes. She said they were grateful for everyone who came out to participate and for those who helped spread awareness of the event.

"It was a great weekend," she said referring to the animals who were saved.

Martin said they won't have an exact number for the lives saved for a few more days but said they exceeded their goal for the event by saving more than 500 animals.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.