Gas leak causes temporary evacuations, road closure in Ogden
OGDEN, Utah – Ogden Fire Department responded to a gas leak that caused the temporary evacuation of eight homes Friday night, and Harrison Boulevard between 24th and 26th was closed as crews worked to repair the broken gas line.
According to information from the Ogden Fire Department, crews responded to a gas leak at 25th and Harrison Boulevard after a 4-inch line was hit by construction workers.
As of about 7:51 p.m., officials stated that eight homes were temporarily evacuated and fire crews were standing by as Questar made repairs. The gas was shut off in the area, and as of about 8:40 p.m. some residents had been allowed to go back to their houses.
The Utah Department of Transportation tweeted at about 8:30 p.m. that the road in the area was expected to be closed for six hours, but by 9:36 p.m. UDOT stated the road was open again.