In some cases, weight regain becomes a problem after a patient undergoes Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Surgical revisions can be complicated and run a high risk of complications. However, the OverStitch™ System addresses weight regain by allowing surgeons to securely place full-thickness sutures through a flexible endoscope. Surgeons are able to carry out a wide range of advanced yet less invasive revisional procedures and GI repairs.
Possible problems some gastric bypass patients face
- Weight regain: Studies show that 10 to 30 percent of patients do not meet target weight loss goal or begin to regain weight after surgery
- Dilated outlet and pouch diameter: slows weight loss/increases the chances of weight regain after surgery
- Scarring and adhesions: after the initial gastric bypass surgery, scarring or adhesions can make traditional revision surgery difficult.
Benefits of the OverStitch™ System
- Minimally invasive alternative to traditional revision surgery
- Wide range of surgical solutions
- Improved surgical control
- Durability of full-thickness sutures
- Heightened visualization of operative site