Marriott at City Creek evacuated after fire in laundry room

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SALT LAKE CITY — The Marriott at City Creek was evacuated Tuesday afternoon due to fire in the laundry room.

According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department, the fire was caused by malfunctioning laundry equipment.

“The fire was extinguished by two workers in the laundry room using portable fire extinguishers. No injuries were reported,” a statement from SLCFD said. “The workers, who are employed by Rhino Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services, also said they used buckets of water to extinguish the fire.”

The fire department allowed guests and employees to reenter the building shortly after 4 p.m.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.