Firefighter treated for smoke inhalation after agricultural burn spreads to structure

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A fire in Coalville. Image courtesy North Summit Fire Department.

COALVILLE, Utah — A firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation Sunday after crews responded to a structure fire that began as a planned agricultural burn but spread.

According to a press release from North Summit Fire Department, crews responded to a report of a fire at 606 East Chalk Creek Road in Coalville around 3:30 p.m.

Crews arrived to find a vacant trailer home fully involved in fire. The property owner had called 911 and stated he had started an agricultural burn near the home. He said the winds shifted, blowing the fire into the structure.

Chalk Creek Road was closed as firefighters initiated a defensive attack, and one firefighter suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital as a precaution.
The trailer home was destroyed.

The press release stated that a person who starts an agricultural burn is responsible for keeping the fire under control, and they said Summit County residents are required by law to notify dispatch before beginning such burns.

1 Comment

  • laytonian

    But they don’t WANT to notify “da ebul gubmint” which is why they do these things on Sundays.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.