Steak and Veggie Stir Fry with Fried Rice (01.21.15)
- 4 boneless steaks, any cut, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- 1 cup rice noodles (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Season steak slices with salt and pepper. Cook in a large skillet or wok at medium-high heat to desired doneness. Remove from pan. Cover with tinfoil.
Add oil to the same skillet. Stir-fry the bell pepper and next 3 ingredients with the red pepper, salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes. Add steak back into the pan. Add rice, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Push rice mixture to sides of skillet, forming a well in center. Pour eggs into well, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Stir rice mixture into eggs; stir in soy sauce. Top each serving with onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Top with rice noodles, if using.