Mediterranean Beef and Salad Pita (01.07.15)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef, bell pepper, salt and pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
Add lettuce, cheese and olives to beef mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, mustard olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
Courtesy of Utah Beef Council and Jennifer Burns