OGDEN, Utah — Two Ogden residents were displaced early Wednesday morning after a fire that started in the kitchen of their home.
According to a press release from the Ogden Fire Department, firefighters responded to a single-family home near 500 W 24th St. at 1:53. When fire crews arrived, the home had “heavy fire involvement.”
Firefighters kept the fire contained to the kitchen and extinguished it quickly. The fire was caused by a kerosene lamp that had been knocked over in the kitchen area.
The Red Cross was dispatched to assist the people who were displaced by the fire. One of the occupants was taken to a hospital for evaluation. A cat died in the fire.
Damage is estimated at $25,000.