Herb Crusted Beef Roast (12.23.14)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 8 garlic, cloves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
- 3-5 -pound rib roast of beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 325°.
In a medium bowl, combine the butter with the garlic, horseradish, thyme, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.
Stand the roast in a large roasting pan. Season generously all over with herb rub. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 125° for medium rare. Transfer the roast to a carving board to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Serve with beef gravy.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council