Dryer to blame for fire at Midvale spa, closed to clean up

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MIDVALE, Utah – A Midvale spa is cleaning up after a fire overnight.

Fire crews were called to the Sego Lily spa at 7475 S. Union Park Ave. at about 4:30 a.m.

Officials said neighbors reported hearing alarms going off.

When crews arrived, they saw smoke coming from the back of the building and found flames coming from the laundry room.

Firefighters said the sprinklers helped keep the fire in the laundry room.

Fire investigators traced the source of the fire to the dryer.

The spa will be closed Thursday to clean up and fix the damage.