Beef Tenderloin Bites with Creamy Horseradish Sauce (12.16.14)
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 (6-8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 3-4 green onions, cut into 1” pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, mix together the horseradish and sour cream. Set aside. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil, basil, garlic and onion powder, steak seasoning, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef cuts for 1-2 minute per side or to desired doneness.
To serve, wrap a piece of green onion in each steak strip. Use a toothpick to spear each piece. Serve with horseradish sauce.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council