Friends of Kayelyn Louder want more answers in her disappearance and death

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MURRAY, Utah -- Friends who searched for Kayelyn Louder say the news of her death is heart-breaking, but the case isn't closed.

Now volunteers who searched for the 30-year-old Murray woman want more answers.

"It only answers one question and that's where is she at. There's still from the time she left that frame of video to the time she was found, there's still no idea what happened there," said Joe Cooling, Louder's long-time friend.

Louder was last seen in a surveillance video outside her Murray Condo on September 27th, police say she seemed disoriented and confused. What happened after that, and how she ended up in the Jordan River, are questions investigators are trying to figure out.

"The difficulty is the decomposition makes physical examination difficult. They also have to wait for toxicology to come back," said Officer Kenny Bass of the Murray Police Department.

What investigators do next depends on the medical examiners report.

The large group of Kayelyn supporters are also waiting for that report, and don't quite know what to hope for, but they say they'll come out for the Louder family again if this does turn into a homicide investigation.

"Although we are happy they have closure. A mom is not worrying every night where her daughter is," said Rachel Chatterton, who volunteered on several searches for Louder "We are grieving. But we are going to work with the Louders and find out what happened that day."

A candlelight vigil is planned for Thursday in remembrance of Kayelyn Louder.

1 Comment

  • Larry Tucker

    The set of facts says Louder had a sudden onset psychotic-episode caused when she made a “mental break causing design mistake” engineers believe only happens in incorrectly designed offices. In offices there is staff to notice when bizarre behavior begins, then send the worker to a hospital. The problem is thought harmless because office episodes spontaneously remit with no treatment once Subliminal Distraction exposure stops.

    But when Louder began to make 911 calls about hallucinated events there was no one stop her using the incorrectly designed computer workstation.

    The cubicle was designed to block peripheral vision for concentrating workers to stop Subliminal Distraction by 1968.

    But it is unknown in mental health services. Thus Subliminal Distraction is mistaken for mental illness.

Comments are closed.