Utah family alive thanks to neighbor who saved them from house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

TAYLORSVILLE, Utah – A family is alive thanks to a neighbor who noticed the home was on fire early Monday.

Authorities said a neighbor saw flames coming form the family’s garage near 1900 W. and 5300 S. just after 5 a.m.

Officials said the neighbor jumped the fence and banged on the doors until the family woke up.

Fire crews were able to put out the fire in about 10 minutes.

Unified Fire Capt. Sam Christensen said the garage is a total loss but the home was not severely damaged.

Fire crews said smoke alarms were going off in the basement but the family wasn’t able to hear them.

Crews estimate about $50,000 in damages.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.