Beef Tortilla Lasagna (09.16.14)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs. ground beef or chuck
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 15 oz. can beef chili, any brand or type
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn
- 6 (8 or 10 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 (5-ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup green onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large frying pan, bring the oil up to medium-high heat. Cook ground beef or chuck seasoned with chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper until all the pink is cooked out. Stir in beef chili, salsa, corn, green chilies, enchilada sauce and two cups of the cheese.
Spray 9” x 13” pan with nonstick spray. Place a small layer of the beef mixture on the bottom of the pan. Layer with 2 of the tortillas. Top with a third of the remaining beef and cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice, using remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. When removed from the oven, wait 5 minutes before cutting.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council