Corn and Edamame Stuffed Tomatoes (08.06.14)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (3 large ears)
- 1 cup edamame (soy beans)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 large tomatoes, halved
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Sauté corn and edamame in 1 tablespoon of oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Whisk together lemon juice, next 3 ingredients, and remaining oil in a large bowl; stir in corn, edamame, salt and pepper. Scoop out seeds and insides of tomato halves. Serve corn and edamame mixture in the tomato halves.