Grilled Vegetable Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce (07.17.14)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 1 tablespoon dry dill
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium heat or bring oven up to 400 degrees.
Place zucchini, squash and pepper on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar. Season with no salt seasoning and pepper; toss well. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or roast for 20 minutes in the oven.
In a small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and the next 4 ingredients (through dill). Add no salt seasoning and pepper, to taste. Heat pitas. Place some of tzatziki (yogurt sauce) in each pita with some of the vegetables and feta, if using. Serve immediately.