Whitefish with Lemon Piccata Sauce (06.12.14)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small white fish fillets (such as tilapia or sole), about 1 pound
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup low sodium fish or chicken stock
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- No Salt seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, blot the fish dry with paper towels and season with no salt seasoning and pepper. Dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess. Saute the fish in the oil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the fish to a platter.
Deglaze the pan with the stock, whisking for about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and capers and stir. Add the butter and stir or whisk to incorporate to bring the sauce together. Pour onto the fish and garnish with the chopped parsley.