Police investigate South SLC motel fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTH SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a fire they believe started from possible drug use at a South Salt Lake motel.

Police and fire officials came to the scene after a mattress caught fire. It happened around 6:30 a.m. in a room at the Siesta Motel at 3100 South State Street.

Police took two people into custody on suspicion of personal drug use. The Health Department is testing the contamination levels to make sure it’s not a threat to the rest of the motel.

The people involved may face charges pending the contamination results.

1 Comment

  • KTran

    Actually Fox 13 News, the police did not take anyone into custody because the small fire resulted from a candle that was placed by the bed. Please investigate thoroughly next time.

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.