- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Heat a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
Add pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cumin and next 4 ingredients (through garlic); cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans; simmer 25 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
To serve, sprinkle with green onions and sour cream on the side, if desired.